What is the key of a successful relationship?
Some simple things which we easily forget or we think that are unimportant can be the key of a healthy and happy relationship.
These are some helpful tips to make your relationship go the distance.
1. Your relationship will survive if you spend time together.
You should devote at least half an hour a night and one day a month to spend time exclusively together.
2. Both of you want to feel secure within the relationship.
To have a good relationship, it must be building on compromise and a lot of give and love.
3. Some little things that attracted you to your partner can turn into nasty annoying habits.
So, learn to love your partner warts and all and don’t try to change them into something they’re not, after all you fell in love with them just the way they were.
4. Money presents the top conflicts between the most couples.
For a good relationship, you need to address your finances and why not even work out a budget.
5. You should to learn to argue well.
You should never say something to your partner that you wouldn’t want to hear said back. You must just remember, the one good thing they say about arguing, is the making up afterwards.
6. You must listen to your partner and avoid blame and judgement because communication is vital to have a healthy relationship.
Don’t let your emotions dictate your behaviour. You should remember just talking things over can help you to both have a deeper understanding of each other.
7. You should sort out your sex life because it can start to go downhill over the years, so don’t just accept it.
When you notice it, you must address it with your partner and work out why and what to do to bring back the passion.
Maybe one of your prefers more sex than the other. So, why not experiment with new ideas in the bedroom as role play, dressing up, or maybe take your sex life out of the bedroom and try new places.
Remember communication is vital and the introduction of marital aids into the relationship can also help to spice things up.
8. You must try to keep your dependence and independence in balance.
For example, tell your partner how much you need him, but don’t get to dependent on him and cling to him all the time, as that can make your partner feel trapped.
On the flip side, don’t allow your partner to think you don’t need him, by going or doing things without him.
Try to keep a happy and healthy balance between the two.
9. You should learn to forgive. If you know you will never forgive your partner over something important and you feel the trust can never be regained, give yourself and him a break and start again with someone new.
10. You shouldn’t ever think that going to counselling is a sign of a failed relationship. It can turn a bad relationship around.
More people are turning to counselling today than ever, it shows you are both prepared
to try and make things better, which can’t be a bad thing at all.
Finally, you must know whether you are dating or married, relationships are hard.
The healthy and long-lasting relationships are achievable and many couples have proven just that.
Not everything is always going to be perfect but if you both choose to make it work then it can.
And remember it’s the little things that you sometimes do that can go a long way to making your relationship work.